Bottling & Storage Tips
- To help protect your wine from spoilage while aging, it is highly recommended to gently stir in ¼ teaspoon (1.4g) of potassium metabisulphite to the clear top to bottom carboy of wine before bottling.
- Your wine is very acceptable to drink at bottling time, it will continue to improve if allowed to further mature in a cool, dark place.
- Store your wine upright for 3-5 days right after bottling, after that store your wine on its side to keep the cork moist.
- The ideal storage temperature for wine is between 13°C – 15°C (45°F – 58°F).
- Minimal exposure to light and movement or agitation will also assist in the aging process.
- Successfully aging wine depends on many factors including sterilizing procedures, corks, temperature, humidity, light etc.
|MINIMUM AGING (MONTHS)|
|Niagara Mist||ready immediately|
|California Connoisseur||Whites: 1||Reds: 2|
|European Select||Whites: 1||Reds: 2|
|KenRidge Classic||Whites: 1||Reds: 2|
|Cheeky Monkey||Whites: 1||Reds: 2|
|Legacy||Whites: 2||Reds: 2|
|Atmosphere||Whites: 2||Reds: 3|
|Apres||Whites: 3||Reds: 3|
|Cellar Craft Sterling & Showcase||Whites: 2||Reds: 3|
|Traditional Vintage||Whites: 2||Reds: 3|